Tuesday, September 6, 2011

In Our Veins

Left: 'Untitled', acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6"
Right: 'The Pack', acrylic on canvas, 20" x 10"
'The Wild West', acrylic on canvas, 24" x 30"
'Vulnerable', acrylic on canvas, 24" x 12"

A while ago I received a lovely email from a lovely lady named Amy Guidry asking if I would show some of her works on my blog. So checking it out I was more then impressed with her work and was excited to show you guys these amazing works. Amy Guidry is an American artist whose latest body of work has really caught my attention. In Amy's statement, "In Our Veins" explores the connections between all life forms and the cycle of life and demonstrates these ideas in a surreal, psychologically-charged narrative. I love how how she has mixed this style of photorealism and surrealism to create these hyper-realistic worlds that are both haunting yet beautiful. Her technique is impeccable and simply gorgeous. To view the rest of the "In Our Veins" series then visit Amy Guidry's website and be sure to check out her other amazing works while your there. Also a huge thanks to Amy for sharing her works with us :)

If you're interested in submitting some work to me to show here on the blog then visit my Submit Page for more information.

Amy Guidry: Official website, facebook page

Photo Credit: Images courtesy of Amy Guidry

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP