Thursday, June 30, 2011

October Skye

Hey everyone! One of the reasons that I started this blog was to discover and share all kinds of art with people around the world. Whether it was done by a professional or amateur I support people that appreciate art and practice in something that is creative. I am really excited to share with you guys some photography that was submitted to me from a lovely girl named Skye. Skye's images are inspired by nature and her everyday life, plus they are heaps lovely and pretty. I fell in love with her images and straight away told her that I would be more then happy to share her images on my blog. So as well as showing you guys some of her photography I have a little interview with the lady which just ask her about her creative practice and just about Skye herself. But enough with the details and lets go on with the post. Here is Skye :)
Hi Skye! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a 15 year old who loves the arts and is maybe just a tad naive, and I dream of the red carpet and design studios.

What are some or your hobbies and interests? 
Definitely fashion design photography, music, and blogging :) 

If you had to pack a suitcase with your favourite things, what would you pack?
Hmm.. Camera, hats, magazines, and platform heels :)

Share a random fact about yourself.
I am easily scared. O.o

Describe yourself in five words.
Very dramatic and extremely spoiled :)
What is your creative practice and what got you started? 
I just see it, like it, snap it.  I've always loved art and being creative and just kind of knew it's what I would do :)

Describe your photographs and your style. 
My photographs are very nature-y and simple.  I usually photograph small town life and scenes because of location but I love to experiment when given the chance :)

Did you study photography or did you teach yourself? 
I am self taught :)

What type of camera do you use? Are you a digital or film person?
I use a digital camera but am working towards a more professional quality camera.

What do you love most about photography?
I love the freedom to express myself and experiment.
Do you do any other creative things like paint, draw, crafts, etc?
I paint, draw, and taught myself how to crochet and knit :)

What inspires you to take these lovely images?
I am inspired by nature.  It's simply beautiful. 

Do you have any favourite photographers or artists that you would like to share?
I actually just love to flip through photo sites and photography blogs and see the work of others.  It's so amazing how many amazingly talented and creative people are out there.

Can you give us any advice or handy tips to us on photography?
Definitely to just experiment, have fun, take your camera EVERYWHERE and be fearless. :)

If you could be invisible for one day with your camera…
Hmm That's a tough one!  I'd have to try to find out :)

Thank you again Skye for sharing your work with us all. Skye also has a flickr and blog if you guys want to learn more about her or see more of her work :)

To find out more on how your work can be featured on my blog click on the 'Submit' tab in the link bar under the header. Hurry up and show us all your work!

1 lovely comments:

♥ Nadine said...

Thanks for sharing, these pictures are awesomepiece!! I love them all, but especially the one taken through the fence... :)

Here's to a happy rest of the week. XO.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP