Sunday, May 8, 2011

Guest Post: Noise on the Side


 
Murphy asked me to be a guest poster on her blog awhile back and I've finally got a chance to share a little of my craziness with you. I've been sitting around for a few days wondering what to post before I came up with this amazing topic, Tim Burton, Murphy and I both adore him and I recently got given his book 'The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories' so I decided to share a little Melancholy with you all.

The book was originally published in 1997 by Rob Weisbach Books and follows the stories of 23 characters made up by Tim Burton. The stories range from one sentence to five pages, each illustrated with Tim Burton's unique sketches.

My Favourite Tale is that of The Pin Cushion Queen, It’s only short however it's very witty and the illustration is colourful and happy which next to the text seems out of place yet still works somehow. It's the perfect depiction of the double meanings in all of Burton’s work. I strongly suggest checking out Burton’s work and marvelling at his crazy genius.  

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP